viernes, 19 de octubre de 2012

The green green grass of home

I really like green thing. Since I was a child I've something like an obsession with that colour. I think it’s because I've always live in the country, surrounded by big trees, flowers and bushes. You know, I grow up in a green environment and, obviously, I learn to take care of it. For example, I don’t like cars, so I try to avoid it’s use. I move to a place to other walking or using public transportation. Bicycle? Nah, I don’t like them. No especial reason, I just don’t like them. And that’s something I hate about Santiago, everyone feels a compulsory need for a car. You can see everyday people riding alone in their cars and that’s, in my opinion, stupid. Is so pollutant, noisy, slow (oh, c’mon, if there were less cars there would be less traffic jam). Why don’t they share their cars? That would be useful. I think. Even more helpful than donate to any ONG. I know, it helps to donate a ONG,  but in Chile the people is not that “green”. Personally I don’t so it ‘cause I don’t have the money to do it. But, in fact, is easier to share a car. It’s even less expensive, because you can split the gasoline expense. Again, that’s just what I think. Another good idea is recycling. You know, divide the trash in plastics, metal, paper, organic trash, etc. A container for each one, with a different color to make it nicer. The problem is that you have to transport your own trash to a recycling place, because doesn't exist a recycling culture big enough to have garbage trucks to do that for you.  If everyone change some habits, it doesn’t take any effort even, Santiago would be a very nice place to live. As my hometown. So, think about it. Please, do it for yourself. to. Write you later.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario